Most people believe that a weight loss diet demands drastic diets such as intermittent fasting, a 10-week diet, a keto diet or health supplements such as medicines or pills. It is wrong. A healthy weight loss requires adequate discipline, effort and patience. One can only achieve weight loss by following a healthy lifestyle that incorporates the proper diet and regular physical activity. An authentic and balanced weight-loss diet plan is also an essential concern for many individuals who focus on weight loss. But if you want to execute some healthy changes to your diet or if you want to lose some fat, following a diet plan can help. Since Indian meals are very balanced as they include proteins, fats, carbohydrates and fibres in the required proportion, an Indian diet chart will be the best diet plan for weight loss to consider. Follow this easy-to-follow Indian diet plan to get slim down without any side effects.
Why Indian Diet Plan?
We require a balanced diet plan with the right proportions of all food groups. And Indian Diet gives you that. Indian diet chart for weight loss is very effective because of the balance and proposition it provides in terms of proteins, fats, carbohydrates and fibres. On the other hand, many Indian traditional spices and herbs like chillies, cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, garlic, ginger, and basil leaves are incredibly healthy and give the right amount of nutrition for a balanced diet.
Indian Weight Loss Diet Tips
While observing a Healthy diet plan for men & women, the following tips might be helpful.
- Prefer freshly made meals always.
- Ensure your diet incorporates all the food groups.
- Include paratha, idlis, dosa, uttapam, bread and eggs in your breakfast to be hearty and wholesome.
- Consume your breakfast within thirty minutes of waking up.
- Lunch should be a medium affair with dal, sabzi, roti and curd or rice, rajma, chole etc.
- Take a light dinner like khichdi or dal chawal or curd rice.
- Make sure you eat your dinner at least two hours before bedtime.
- Apart from the main meals, include 2-3 mini-meals as well.
- Eat fruits, nuts, salads, peanuts as mini-meals.
- Strictly avoid packages, processes and ready to eat foods.
- Drink 1-2 litres of water every day for a healthy weight
Healthy diet plan for Men:
Men should consume these foods for a balanced diet.
- Should develop the habit of exercising and walking in the morning.
- Should drink a glass of milk and consume 3-4 almonds with it.
- Should eat only the carbs and protein-rich food.
- Should finish eating about an hour before bed.
- Should take small amounts of snacks like juice, fruits, green tea, nuts, etc., in the evening.
- Can include carbohydrate-rich diet at breakfast like sprouted grains, seasonal fruits or upma.
- Can take lunch, roti, vegetables, rice, and salad with a cup of curd or buttermilk at lunch.
- Should take only bread, vegetables and salads for dinner.
Healthy diet plan for Women:
Since women’s nutritional requirements differ from men, women require more iron than men due to menstruation. Therefore, women should consume these foods for a balanced diet: –
- Should consume a protein-rich diet for breakfast.
- Should eat sprouted grains of bread or oatmeal.
- Can eat seasonal fruits along with milk and nuts for breakfast.
- Should eat carbs, protein, and fat for lunch.
- Can prefer green tea, juice, fruit or nuts in the evening.
- 2 Roti, vegetables, salads, and dal bowls are suitable for dinner.
- Drink a glass of milk before sleeping is prescribed.
Just by following the diet mentioned above Indian diet plan, you can now get an attractive and healthy body shape in just a few days. While making your own diet plan is great. However, it would be best to have expert assistance for a comprehensive and customised diet plan based on your nutritional requirements, health status, tastes, cultural preferences, baseline weight, and health goals. Get the assistance of certified nutritionists who suggest you the best diet plan for weight loss tailored to your taste.