As we get old, our body will be in a degenerative process, and the physical strength eventually gets reduced. Likewise, the cognitive and thinking abilities of us will also become limited. This idleness caused by the brain makes us feel more isolated and takes a toll on active social life. This is where the nursing services for the Elderly come into the picture.
Deciding which option is best for your loved one can be complicated. An excellent place to begin is by determining what level of care is suitable for your circumstances. We help you shed light on the differences between nursing homes and assisted living facilities here to make the right choice for your senior citizen.
Comparing Assisted Living and Nursing Homes
Choosing between the Nursing home and Assisted living for your elderly loved one might be challenging. Thus we took the initiative to let you know the strengths and weaknesses of both in this article. Overall, Nursing Home and Assisted Living are completely different from each other. Nursing homes provide medical and personal care in a clinical setting, whereas Assisted living provides personal care in a home-like, familiar environment.
Assisted living suits best for the elderly who are actually most independent but require some essential assistance for day-to-day living. In contrast, Nursing homes are primarily for the elderly who need 24*7 medical attention because of their physical or mental conditions that leave them incapable of caring for themselves.
In the assisted living facility, the senior citizens have access to different levels of medical attention depending on their individual needs.
From providing transportation to doctor appointments and helping with taking medications, the assisted living facilities offer complete assistance with daily living activities like bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, etc.
Who can benefit from Assisted Living?
Assisted living may be the best choice for your ageing loved one who:
- Requires lesser nursing assistance or medication and not a full-time medical attention
- Requires assistance with daily pursuits like dressing and bathing
- Who is interested in a maintenance-free lifestyle
- Seeks an active lifestyle but doesn’t have access to transportation
- It suits them if they look for new friends or social activities
- It fits the elders who are willing to pursue their personal interests like golf, art, or religious studies
- It works for the elders who expect they’ll need more help soon
Medical care provided by the nursing home services are round the clock. The nursing staff is allotted to help the senior citizens with chronic illnesses and offer rehabilitative therapies like physical, occupational, respiratory, monitor severe illness and aids in establishing good health status.
Who can benefit from a Nursing Home?
A nursing home fits the needs of elder ones who:
- Require continuous care due to chronic health conditions
- Must for someone who no longer can feed themselves independently
- Have encountered an injury and demand significant rehabilitation
- For nutritious meals and on-site services like salons, religious services, and dental visits that wouldn’t be possible in a home-care setting
- It fits for the elders who crave daily interaction than in-home nursing care would provide
- It works for the elders who have progressive conditions like Parkinson’s disease or Multiple sclerosis
Looking for a Senior Care Advisor?
Choosing the best Nursing Services for the Elderly can be stressful and confusing, and you may be unsure where to start. If you are seeking the best home nursing services in Hyderabad, consult with our Senior Care Advisor at Anvayaa to get the most beneficial and reliable information for your loved one.
Anvayaa offers independent living, assisted living, and in-home nursing services at home in Hyderabad. With Anvayaa, you can be sure that your loved one gets the best quality nursing services that benefit better living ability. For more information on any of these levels of care, contact us today.
Be First to Comment